Whether you need skis in the winter or a bike in the summer, chances are you are going to need to rent gear once you arrive in Breckenridge. Traveling with everything you need can be a headache and rentals are a cost-effective way to make the most of your vacation. Here are some things you need to know next time you are heading to a rental shop in Breckenridge, CO.
- Online discounts:
- Book in advance for up to 20% off your rental. Most rental shops abide by this, so it is always smart to plan ahead and book your rental online before you arrive. Even if you end up needing to make some changes this is the best way to save money.
2. Check your transportation options:
- If you do not have a rental car or do not want to pay for resort parking, you can get a shuttle from your rental shop to the lifts. This is a great way to save money and hassle. Parking and driving around the resort is absolutely no fun, but getting dropped off at the base of the mountain definitely is! At Breck Ski & Sport, we provide free transportation with our rentals.
3. Rental Drop offs:
- Maybe you are looking to stay in your mountain rental and don’t want to take the trip to the rental shop. Well there are different options for you. Some rental shops will drop off your gear at your rental, while others will do the full fitting and everything you need at the comfort of your own home. Make sure you ask about your options, so you can find the best shop and drop off options for your group.
4. Ask about the age of the gear:
- Yep, you don’t want to pay the same price for 3 year old skis or bikes than you would for a brand new one. Rental shops change over their gear every few years, and an insider tip is to ask about getting the newest gear available. Breckenridge Ski and Sport will have the newest fleet this year, as they are purchasing all new skis and bikes for their shop!
5. Check the brands:
- While this might not be important for everyone, we think you should get the gear that is going to set you up for success. Typically referred to as demo skis, these are going to fall into a higher price range, but they are going to be better performing skis. If there is a specific ski you are looking to try then it is always smart to check online or give the rental shop a call before you arrive. Different shops will offer different brands, so if you are loyal to a certain brand, be sure to ask around before you book.
Plan ahead to set yourself up for success on your next Breckenridge vacation. You come to the mountains to enjoy just that, the mountains, and having the best and newest rental gear for the best price is a great way to ensure an amazing vacation. At Breckenridge Ski and Sport we have taken rentals to the next level with the newest gear, transportation provided, competitive pricing, and expert insight.